Sunday, July 22, 2007

THE ATLANTA BRAVES


So I took my boys to an Atlanta Braves game last night. I probably over did myself a little, but it was so worth it! Although I thought it was going to be a disaster the way the evening started. Let me back up a little...A guy that works with Roman had 4 tickets to Saturday's game, seats behind 1st base dugout (they ended up being about even with the pitcher's mound, 2nd level-GREAT SEATS) Roman had to work, so I didn't think we couldn't pass up the opportunity, so I took them. The game time was 7:05, I thought about going early for batting practice, but then I thought my boys might be ready to go before the game even started. So we got on the interstate at 4:00 in Perry. Now normally it is about an hour 30min-hour 45 min ride to the stadium, but this was not normally. It took an hour to get from Tanger to the 675 split, I think that is about 20 miles at the most. Then when we get to the stadium exit there is a line about a mile long getting off the exit. It was about 6:00 when we got to the exit, at about 7:00 we had just got off the interstate. Now if I had any sense about myself, I would have just gone up a few exits and tried to work my way back, but NO- I just set there with everyone else, waiting and waiting and waiting. Now I did just have my uterus removed, maybe they removed some brain cells too??? Anyway I ended up dropping Avery and Tanner off right at the front entrance and they went to our seats. It took Colson and I another hour to get around to our designated parking lot. When I got there the lot was full-perfect! A nice officer let me park in an employee lot across the street in a place that wasn't even a parking spot. But it worked and we were finally on our way. A little after 8:00 and the middle of the 3rd inning we were finally all in our seats.


So what was worth it??? Avery caught a foul ball! Actually it bounced off a mans hand, and rolled under a seat in front of Avery and he got it. The man behind him offered him $40, but he didn't give in. (this was before Colson and I got to our seats) We got to see Chipper hit a home run. Colson and Tanner had a great time!!!!! Colson paid attention to the whole game-one inning the Braves batted around, Colson said "Are they starting over?" I wasn't even paying attention but he was. Colson also said "Double play!" when the Braves turned two. Tanner was a little disappointed when they took Chipper and Andruw out of the game. I said it was because they were winning so bad they put the subs in. Tanner said "oh they have to get there 2 innings one at bat?" Well not really, but oh well. Final score Braves 14 - Cardinals 6. It was the most attendence ever at a Braves game-53,953. So I should've left earlier, I should've gone up to the next exit, but I didn't, oh well! We did make it and had a wonderful time and I think we will go back. But next time we will leave a 10:00am.

1 comment:

Emily Jennings said...

Oh wow. A foul ball?? That's awesome. Glad you guys had such a great time.